Thursday, November 07, 2013

Been a very busy three days and have not had much of a chance to do much on the blog.

After my very interesting night in Uvalde I moved onto Houston. Uvalde was very country, it main industry around the area is game hunter. They have massive farms out there with exotic animals that hunters coming all over to shoot things.

Houston was the craziest place I had to drive, I had a bit of time before I had to meet up with my frind Kevin, so I went to NASA Houston. This meant I had to go from one side of town to the other on the freeways, it really was the spagetthi roads you seen in the movies and was really hard work.

I caught up with Kevin and his friends Will at Will’s appartment, we then went out on the town going out for dinner and finding some cool pubs to drink.

The following day we drove to Nederland where Kevin lives, I had a nightmare scenario where my GPS would not start up, I knew which way I had to go, but after some searching I could not find the freeway, so I went back to Will’s and got directions and loaded up google maps on my phone as a reference. As it turns out about 10 minutes down the freeway the GPS kicked in and it was an easy drive.

After settling in at Kevin’s house his parents took us out for dinner for some Cajun food – Gumbo is very nice. Kevin and I went out after dinner in Beaumont, the bigger city near his home. We went to one of his locals and then headed to the John Wayne bar to catch up with some of his friends. I ended up doing a bit of line dancing and the two step.

After a bit of sleep in we went to the wetlands to see if we could spot an alligator, we saw a couple in the water, but had no luck finding one on the bank to get any good photos. We then went back into Beumont to see the worlds third largest fire hydrant, I can only assume that once upon a time it was the largest.

On Monday I drove to New Orleans, from Vegas to New Orleanns I covered 2500 miles, so it was quite a journey. I went for a walk aroun town during the day and then went out in Bourbon Street with some guys I met in the Hostel.

I caught a flight to New York today, getting to my Hotel around 4pm. I think I am just have a quiet night today and go for a good walk around tomorrow. I used the subway to get into town, so I have arleady had a feel of New York.

It is Wednesday night here and Lisa will arrive on Friday night, so that will be a bit of fun. It is a lot colder here than every where else I have been in the US and am wearing a jacket for the first time since being in the US.

No comments: