Thursday, November 14, 2013

The second day in Toronto was going to Niagara Falls. It was a day trip that left in the morning and got home about 6pm. We firstly went to the observation tower near the falls, it gives great panoramic views of the whole area and it was absolutely freezing out in the open. It had snowed the night before and there was ice all over the place.

We then walked down to the falls and got some great photos before heading down the river towards Lake Ontario. We stopped off at a town called Niagara on the Lake that used to be the capital of upper Canada. Then it was time for the big trip back to the city.

On our last day we utilised the Hop on Hop off bus to get around town. We actually started the day taking the subway down to CN Tower (as the bus did not start to 10am) to get great views of the city, then we jumped on the bus to go to the St Lawrence Markets for breakfast. We then walked back to the waterfront to get on the free boat tour.

After the tour we head to the Hockey Hall of Fame and then finally caught the bus over to Chinatown. The day would not have been complete if I did not do one more bit of shopping before going home, so I am now carrying four extra pairs of shoes. I suppose that will make it one for every pair of jeans I bought. I did well, I only bought three new things in Canada, but I have a decent carry on bag on the plane with me and there was no room left in a backpack that was pretty empty when I left.

So now I am at the Toronto Airport waiting for my flight to LA, I don't board for another two hours, but Lisa had an earlier flight than me. I then have a seven hour wait at LAX, I am going to see if Qantas will let me in the lounge, I doubt it but it is worth a try.

No comments: