Monday, October 28, 2013

After a couple of days of letting hair down in Vegas with the other guys from the conference (Tyler came down from LA as well) we parted ways with everyone heading home. So the road trip part of my holiday has finally started, though I did not get too far today.

I stopped off at the Hoover Dam which is only about an , since I was there I did a tour of the place. The photos don't do the size any justice. I then kept heading south and then turned off to go see the Grand Canyon. Once I had to turn of the highway the drive got pretty slow, they doing the road up and the 30 miles was on rough dirt roads.

I went to the Skywalk, which is counter levered walk way that hangs over the side of the canyon and has a glass floor. It is pretty freaky, unfortunately they want let you take a camera out with you (they have their own photographers and want you to pay for their photo's).

By the time I left the sun had set and had to drive about another 90 minutes to get to Kingman, the town I decided to stay in for night. I am staying in a old highway hotel right on Route 66, it is nice and cheap, but really just picked it for the big sign they have out the front.

No comments: