Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Had a big day on the road today, it will be the biggest of any of the days driving. In total I did 563 miles which is a bit of 900kms. Not the most ideal way to spend the day, but it needed to be done so I could do the whole drive into the Big Bend National Park and hopefully get a walk in before dinner.

I had a terrible nights sleep last night, had these crazy dreams about people breaking into my and take my stuff. You think it was scary, but once I mention that the person attacking me was pretending to be a big cat and when I fought back I could not hurt them because they had a cardboard box on their head. The dream all worked out in the end, they got caught and deported back to England - don't ask me, it was just a crazy dream.

So I left Kingman around 9:30 after getting a good American breakfast into me, but I really can't handle how they do their bacon. Took about four to get to Eloy where there is an indoor skydiving center, though I did stop quite a few times to take photos. Since it had been a while since I had jumped and never been in a wind tunnel I thought it best to just go through the beginner training than just jump in there and see what happened.

I did 2 x 2 minute sessions which was a lot of fun, but all up took an hour out of my day. So I hit the road again and got to Las Cruces in New Mexico around 8:30. But now I have crossed into central mountain time and it was actually 9:30. Got a very hotel room tonight and best of all they have a laundry, so I have done all my washing before bed - though I was very upset to find I have lost a sock.

No comments: