Thursday, October 31, 2013

A big day on foot today - had a bit of a sleep in mainly due to the two hour time zone change over the last two days. I could not get to sleep before midnight and ended up waking at 8:00am despite my best efforts to be at brekky by 7:00am.

So after a quick meal I went to the park information office and got some information on the longer hikes that I could do in a day. I decided on a 9.6 mile hike that ascends about 1500ft, it started in one valley on a trail called the Laguna Meadow Trail which went about 3.3 miles, I then took a 1.8 mile trail the took to great views of the Green Creek Valley (destroyed by fire in 1989 and recovering nicely) before heading onto the Pinnacles trial which lead me down into another valley before crossing into another valley to get back to lodge.

It took about four and half hours to do, I was going to do another 3.8 mile hike, but the rain started getting heavier towards the end of the first hike and never really let up again. It drizzled on and off for most of the first hike, but it was not too bad, but it was more consistent at the end. It was probably all for the best as I realised it was the 31st October in Australia and it was the last day I could do my e-Tax.

Tomorrow the plan is to the 3.8 mile hike in the morning before I have to check out. I will only do this hike if it not raining as part of this walk is the views you get into some other valleys.

I will then start my two day trek to past Houston, I have decide to take one of the smaller highways rather than the bigs ones to enjoy the view more.

No comments: