Wednesday, December 19, 2012

After the night bus from Dahab to Cairo I am now resting up in the hostel before going out on a day of adventures.

I was warned that I would not get much sleep on the bus, but I proved everyone wrong and even had to get woken up by the army guarding the Suez border for our security check. We got the standard passport check (as some visas only cover the Sinai so they want to make sure you have the correct tourist visa) and then we had to get out of the bus and get our bags to they could be checked by the sniffer dogs (not sure if they were looking for bombs or drugs).

Then back on the bus and was in Cairo by 7am. Out of the nine hour trip I think I sleep for about eight hours.

Today I am off to the Khan el-Khalili (Bazaar), then walk through Al-Azhar Park and then down to the citadel. This should take me most of the day, but any time left over will have to end up in a coffee house some where.

No comments: