Monday, December 10, 2012

Saturday was even a bigger day than the day before, I used the same driver to take me down the King's Highway. First stop is Mount Nebo where Mose saw the promised land. Then to Madaba to see a church which has mosaic map of the known world and dates back to 560AD.

We then drove to Karak which is a huge crusader castle and once again for its age is in amazing condition. On the I got great views of what is described as the Grand Canyon of the Middle East.

After get more views of the Canyon and Dana a nature reserve which would deserves days on it own I ended up at Shobak another crusader castle. Though not in great condition it is famous for the fact the escape tunnel do the base of the mountain is still intact. So with head torch in hand I to the 15 minute trek down the tunnel which runs at about 45 degree angle. It must of taken years to dig.

No comments: