Friday, December 21, 2012

Spent yesterday going around some sights that aren't in my tour. Got a driver to take me out Dhashur (the red pyramid) and went into my first burial chamber, I am sure there will be more to come.

I then went to Memphis to the open air museum of Egyptian Statues. It was then off to Sakara for about three hours of scrambling around the desert looking at tombs, walking where I should not be and opening doors to tombs that are not locked.

Thursday night is party night in Cairo as Friday is a holiday, so we started off at the El Horreya Cafe which is probably the most famous bar in Egypt and then after a few beers there we end up at the Jazz Bar (but does not play Jazz music) where it turns out a band call Wostel Balad were playing. They are the hottest band in Egypt and were really good.

I have now moved to my tour hotel and met up with everyone (except four have not turned up yet), they seem like a pretty good group of people. We start off at the museum in the morning and then to the pyramids in the afternoon.

No comments: