Friday, October 26, 2012

Budapest is becoming one of those cities which are hard to leave, there is so much to see but it seems you can walk around all day and achieve nothing. Yesterday I went into town wandered around the markets and then to find a designer shop I had heard about. Five hours later and a very big lunch I had actually got nothing done. I then went for a walk around the Jewish quarter looking for all the Ruin Bars, these are bars set up in old abandoned buildings. There is the favorite which I have already post photos (and more from last night), but I found a couple more that a group of us investigated later in the night. So I ended up doing a free tour on the Jewish quarter which was very interesting, but it ended up in Szimplakert Ruin Bar (which is apparently ranked as Lonely Planets third best bar in the world) and then the long night and morning began. After a while we went off to another ruin bar for Tacos, stop off at another one call Lokal and then ended back at the original spot. After many beers, gold Tequila (with cinnamon and orange instead of salt and lemon - awesome) and a hooker (water pipe) it was time to try and get home before daylight. After a long journey I found my way home on the night buses and had a much needed sleep.

No comments: