Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I only have one day in Pecs and I made the most of it and I would be struggling to find another day of things to do. But this is a beautiful place and would be absolutely pumping in the summer. It is such an nice town and they have done such a great job of maintaining the history. I started early with a walk up to one of the hills that border the town and then back to town for breakfast. After breakfast I went to the main historical area where the ancient Turkish wall still stands. They have some amazing UNESCO protected christian ruins. Discover under existing buildings they have created underground chambers to view the ruins, truly the best way I have ever seen sites protected. Wandering through a fantastically painted church and through the gardens was truly an enjoyable day. I love the little streets of old buildings, it is real joy to just walk around. Off to Zagreb early in the morning.

No comments: