Monday, October 22, 2012

Flight to Hungary today - had to get up early to get out to Stansted Airport for an 8:30 flight. Turned out to be pretty ease - train from Kings Cross to Liverpool Street, then an express train out to Stansted. Turns out I wasted my time buying a ticket on th express, no one was there to check the ticket, so I just walked onto the train and was not checked during the trip either. Have heard some horror stories about Ryanair, but it all went very smoothly. I think it helped that I decided to pay 10 pound for an exit row, this gave me priority boarding, extra leg room and no one next too me on the plane. Turns out it is first in best dressed when it comes to getting a seat on the plane, so I don't think I would have enjoyed having to do that. I was wondering why people had queued up so early and seemed to be running to the back stairs of the plane when we were boarding. After checking into the hostel, I walked up to the Liberty monument which has great views of the city. I then walked into the city to find some diner and got a tram back out to the hostel.

No comments: