Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Did a free walking tour around Budapest today, got a fee extra photos of myself for once since I met up with a Brazilian girl call Evy last night who came along as well. It is so much easier getting photos without having to ask complete strangers. So we started the tour in the pest side getting shown around and ended up at Castle Hill again (there yesterday) and then over to the church on the same hill which have a really cool roof. It is currently being restored so I didn't bother going in (can always refer to the 15 year old photos of the inside). We then went down to the Opera House and then to House of Terror which I could not get into yesterday due to the crowds. This is the secret police head quarters, originally used by the Nazis and then by the communists to interrogate and then execute dissidents. Evy went off to opera and I head to the designer shops (local artists) to find some cool t-shirts to bring home with me. At the rate I am going getting through this place I will not be leaving until at least after the weekend. I have also heard of a big dance party happening on one of the islands all weekend, so might need to check that out.

No comments: