Monday, November 12, 2012

Had a great first day in Split. Last night I just walked around the palace at night - It has to be the strangest ancient ruin I have ever seen as it is completely inhabited by the locals. You walk around taking photos of this place and you have to realise people live in the place.

It really becomes obvious at night when most of the tourists leave the palace and normal life goes one, kids playing games in the squares, washing hung up across the ally ways and just people hanging out talking to their neighbors on the street. I have been through and taken photos at night and will do the same in daylight and hope the photos show the convergence of a normal town living in a UNESCO historical site.

Today was my big walking day, I spend four hours walking up the mountain to the west to their national park and walked all the way to the end. It was very nice just wondering all day and never intended to spend most of the day out there considering I had not really seen the town in daylight yet. Gives me something to do tomorrow.

Will probably spent one more night here, but depending on how the day goes I might need to spend another. I looked into diving while I was here, but everything is pretty much shut down for the winter, maybe I will have more luck in Dubrovnik.

No comments: