Friday, November 16, 2012

I have been in Dubrovnik now for two nights, the internet has been very erratic and I have not had much of a chance to upload photos.

I got here Wednesday afternoon and got here just in time to get settle in and then go see the sunset. When I first arrived the hostel manager was not here so had to wait an hour for her to arrive, I am staying in the old city and am very close to the cliff bars. I went down and had a beer while I waited and was very shocked on how expensive the drinks were (nearly $5, so I just put in my head I was paying for the fantastic view).

Once I checked in the manager told me about the other cliff bar which is currently closed but accessible, so with another couple of Aussie guys we went to the bottle shop and sat down there to watch the sunset (much cheaper at $1.40)

The manager then took us on a bit of a tour of town to eat, go to a wine bar and then to a pub. This town is a lot more expensive than other parts of Croatia, but still not too bad.

We found out it was the managers birthday yesterday, since it is getting towards the end of the season most of her friends have already let for the winter, so we organised drinks down at the rock bar (the free one) for last night. We got most of the people staying at the hostel to come down and turned out to be a nice day for her and she was very happy we put in the effort for her.

Earlier in the day I walk around the wall that surrounds the old town and then walk around the small streets. I was planning to go up the top of the mountain today, but it is currently raining, hopefully it does not last all day and I get a chance to go up there later.

No comments: